What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, Ann Arbor, Dundee and Jackson, Michigan
Breast augmentation is a major decision. Knowing what to expect from the process can go a long way toward assuaging your fears and helping you prepare. The first step of the process is scheduling a complimentary consultation with Detroit breast augmentation surgeon Dr. Rifai at Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center. Call us today at (248) 723-9370 to set up your consultation.
Your Detroit Breast Augmentation Consultation
During this initial meeting, we will answer all of your questions about every aspect of breast augmentation, including breast augmentation financing. Dr. Rifai will explain what will be required of you throughout the breast augmentation process, and what results you can realistically expect. Be prepared to discuss your medical history so we can determine if you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation.
Additionally, consider bringing pictures of women with the type of breasts you want. This can help Dr. Rifai better understand exactly what you’re looking for, and customize the different options available to you in a way that emulates the same look. Ultimately, this consultation is all about you. We will not move forward until you feel confident that you have made an educated decision about breast augmentation.
Detroit Breast Augmentation Pre-Op Considerations
If you are a smoker, you will need to stop smoking for at least two weeks prior to your surgery. The sooner you quit before breast augmentation, the better. Smoking reduces the amount of oxygen in your blood and can seriously interfere with the healing process.
You should also avoid using non-steroidal medications before your breast augmentation, such as:
We will provide you with a full list of medications to avoid, along with a checklist of pre-operative instructions.
Breast Augmentation Healing and Recovery
Recovery time for your breast augmentation will vary with each individual woman. You can expect some moderate swelling and discomfort in the days after your breast augmentation. We will prescribe you pain medication to control this, although some patients only need Tylenol to remain comfortable. You will need to wear a compression garment and recovery bras. At first, your implants may seem higher than you expected: this will correct itself over the next 3-6 weeks as the implants continue to “settle” on your chest.
You should avoid any activities that place a strain on your chest area, such as lifting heavy objects, reaching up high, and even vacuuming. Most patients can return to work in less than a week; however, if your job requires a lot of physical activity, you may need to wait longer. Dr. Rifai will discuss when it is safe for you to return to normal activities and can answer any additional breast augmentation questions you might have.
Contact our Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Center Today
If you are considering a breast augmentation in the Detroit area, contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center today or call (248) 723-9370 to schedule your complimentary consultation. We serve patients throughout Southfield, Port Huron, and Jackson, Michigan.
Other Procedures and Treatments in this Category:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
- All Skincare Products
- Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy
- Breast Augmentation Candidacy
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Augmentation Incision Locations
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Times
- Breast Feeding with Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Placement Methods
- Breast Implant Shape
- Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
- Choosing Your Liposuction Surgeon in Detroit
- Contact Us
- Detroit Cosmetic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Differences Between a Face Lift and a Mini-Face Lift
- Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Face Lift Candidacy
- Facelift Recovery
- Getting Your Best Boob Job in Detroit
- Good Candidates for Body Contouring
- How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
- Improving Your Breast Shape
- Increasing Your Breast Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Techniques
- Plastic Surgery vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Questions About Liposuction
- Restore Lost Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
- Saline Breast Implants
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Southfield Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Taking Care of Your Breast Implants
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for contacting us!
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Recovery
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck Candidacy
- Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
- What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op, Recovery
- Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Blog
- Frequently Asked Cosmetic Surgery Questions
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Before and After Galleries
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
- Med Spa
- IPL PhotoFacial
- Med-Lite Laser Rejuvenation
- Cool Touch III Plus
- Waxing – Professional Hair Removal
- Eyelash Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Vein Center
- Body Contouring Procedures
- Thank You!
- About Dr. Rifai – Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon
- Monthly Cosmetic Surgery Specials – Michigan
- Consultation Request
- Shop for Advanced Skin Care Products
- Track your order
- My Account