Breast Implant Shape
Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, Ann Arbor, Dundee and Jackson, Michigan
One of the reasons a breast augmentation is so appealing is because it’s a customizable procedure. You have many choices to make in close consultation with your Detroit cosmetic surgeon Dr. Rifai. If you’re dissatisfied with the natural appearance of your breasts, or if you feel you’ve been robbed of that natural appearance by age or pregnancy, the choices you make before your breast augmentation will allow you to create the look you desire. Dr. Rifai will listen to what you want and need and help you make the right choices.
Most patients are aware that they will choose between silicone and saline breast implants, but one of the more important breast augmentation decisions you’ll make is the shape of the breast implants. Both choices have certain advantages and disadvantages. We will help navigate your options.
Teardrop Breast Implants
Every breast augmentation procedure is different, but as a general rule you will have two options for breast implant shape: the teardrop shape or the round shape.
The teardrop shape breast implants are also known as the anatomical shape, as they more accurately reflect the look and feel of natural breasts. These implants are larger at the bottom and gradually taper off in size as they move to the top, like a teardrop. The teardrop implant gives your breasts a more natural-looking final result.
On the other hand, teardrop implants can rotate over time, giving an uneven appearance. Further, the silicone within the implant is denser, meaning the incision your doctor makes during the procedure (and resulting scar) will be larger.
Round Breast Implants
The other option is the round breast implant. These implants are perfectly symmetrical all around, giving them an even appearance no matter how they rotate. Round implants are also gently pulled down by gravity when you stand up, giving them a more natural-looking appearance.
Some women say that round breast implants are more pronounced and obvious and do not provide the subtle, natural appearance they want. Other women are delighted at the fuller appearance that these implants provide. Ultimately, the decision is up to you.
To learn more about which breast implant options are right for you, please call 248-723-9370 or contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center today to schedule your consultation. We welcome patients throughout the Detroit area.
Other Procedures and Treatments in this Category:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
- All Skincare Products
- Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy
- Breast Augmentation Candidacy
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Augmentation Incision Locations
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Times
- Breast Feeding with Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Placement Methods
- Breast Implant Shape
- Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
- Choosing Your Liposuction Surgeon in Detroit
- Contact Us
- Detroit Cosmetic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Differences Between a Face Lift and a Mini-Face Lift
- Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Face Lift Candidacy
- Facelift Recovery
- Getting Your Best Boob Job in Detroit
- Good Candidates for Body Contouring
- How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
- Improving Your Breast Shape
- Increasing Your Breast Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Techniques
- Plastic Surgery vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Questions About Liposuction
- Restore Lost Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
- Saline Breast Implants
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Southfield Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Taking Care of Your Breast Implants
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for contacting us!
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Recovery
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck Candidacy
- Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
- What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op, Recovery
- Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Blog
- Frequently Asked Cosmetic Surgery Questions
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Before and After Galleries
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
- Med Spa
- IPL PhotoFacial
- Med-Lite Laser Rejuvenation
- Cool Touch III Plus
- Waxing – Professional Hair Removal
- Eyelash Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Vein Center
- Body Contouring Procedures
- Thank You!
- About Dr. Rifai – Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon
- Monthly Cosmetic Surgery Specials – Michigan
- Consultation Request
- Shop for Advanced Skin Care Products
- Track your order
- My Account