Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, Ann Arbor, Dundee and Jackson, Michigan
A big part of the reason that breast augmentation remains such a popular procedure is the satisfaction patients have with the results. At our cosmetic surgery office in Detroit, we get women with different body types, different goals for their procedure, and different “looks” they are trying to cultivate, but we are able to make breast augmentation work for all of them. Choosing the right breast implant size is an important part of this process.
If you are interested in breast augmentation surgery but don’t know what size is best for you, then it’s time to talk to a professional! Schedule an appointment with Birmingham Cosmetics to speak with our Detroit breast augmentation surgeon, Dr. Rouchdi Rifai. Contact us through this website, or by calling (248) 723-9370.
What Determines Your Ideal Implant Size?
When you are deciding on a breast implant size, it’s important to keep several factors in mind. The big questions you should ask yourself are how your breast implants will work with your body structure and your current lifestyle.
Some things to keep in mind when deciding on implant size:
- Physical activity– Do you run or lift weights regularly? Ask yourself if large implants would make this activity more difficult.
- Chest and shoulder width– This will determine how wide the base of your implants should be.
- Implant placement– An implant placed over the pectoral muscle will seem bigger than the same size implant placed underneath the muscle, but it may also look less natural.
- Implant material– The type of breast implant you get may also affect your sizing options. For example, saline may not be a good choice for large implants, as they are more likely to cause rippling at larger sizes.
- Breast symmetry– If your breasts are different sizes, you may wish to get a different size of implant in each breast to make them more symmetrical.
- Current breast size– If you don’t have enough breast tissue to surround an implant, that implant is too big for you to consider.
- Your ideal shape– Larger implants can make breasts noticeably more round. Some breast implant shapes can mitigate this effect.
If you have any concerns about these or other factors, feel free to discuss them with Dr. Rouchdi. People with a wide variety of body types get breast implants, and we can always find a way to work within your specifications.
Before and After Your Surgery
During the consultation process, you have a sizing session where you will get a chance to try out various sizes of implants with the aid of a special bra. This will allow you to see what the results will look and feel like. Try experimenting with radically different sizes so you can figure out what works best for you!
After you have had your surgery, your implants will take a few months to settle into their natural shape. During the first few months, some patients start to second-guess their sizing decision, thinking that either they went too big or didn’t go big enough. During this period, it’s a good idea to let your body heal and get used to your new breasts, and the doubts will almost always go away. Of course, the best method for preventing any post-operative regrets is to spend plenty of time figuring out your ideal implant size.
If you want to figure out what size of breast implant will work best for you, contact Birmingham Cosmetic by calling us at (248) 723-9370 to set up an appointment. We serve patients in Detroit, Dundee, Southfield, Jackson, Port Huron, and the surrounding areas.
Other Procedures and Treatments in this Category:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
- All Skincare Products
- Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy
- Breast Augmentation Candidacy
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Augmentation Incision Locations
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Times
- Breast Feeding with Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Placement Methods
- Breast Implant Shape
- Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
- Choosing Your Liposuction Surgeon in Detroit
- Contact Us
- Detroit Cosmetic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Differences Between a Face Lift and a Mini-Face Lift
- Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Face Lift Candidacy
- Facelift Recovery
- Getting Your Best Boob Job in Detroit
- Good Candidates for Body Contouring
- How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
- Improving Your Breast Shape
- Increasing Your Breast Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Techniques
- Plastic Surgery vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Questions About Liposuction
- Restore Lost Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
- Saline Breast Implants
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Southfield Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Taking Care of Your Breast Implants
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for contacting us!
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Recovery
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck Candidacy
- Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
- What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op, Recovery
- Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Blog
- Frequently Asked Cosmetic Surgery Questions
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Before and After Galleries
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
- Med Spa
- IPL PhotoFacial
- Med-Lite Laser Rejuvenation
- Cool Touch III Plus
- Waxing – Professional Hair Removal
- Eyelash Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Vein Center
- Body Contouring Procedures
- Thank You!
- About Dr. Rifai – Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon
- Monthly Cosmetic Surgery Specials – Michigan
- Consultation Request
- Shop for Advanced Skin Care Products
- Track your order
- My Account