Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, Ann Arbor, Dundee and Jackson, Michigan
Mammograms are an important part of female health. All women know, or should know, why mammograms are important, as well as why and when they should get them. This is no different with breast augmentation. Prior to undergoing breast implant surgery, you should know how healthy your breast tissue is.
If you are 40 or older, you will need to have a recent mammogram result. This isn’t different from what you should do annually anyway, so getting a recent result shouldn’t be a problem. This will help to identify if there are any concerns prior to breast augmentation.
Women who are younger than 40-years-old may want to undergo a mammogram if they have a family history of breast cancer.
It is for your health and safety that you should get a mammogram prior to breast augmentation.
You will need a recent mammogram result if you are 40 years of age or older. A mammogram may be obtained at an earlier age in cases with a family history of breast cancer.
Even after you undergo breast augmentation, you should continue to get mammograms. The difference is that you will need to tell the technician you have breast implants so that a different technique can be used to see the breast tissue beyond the implant.
If you would like to learn more about breast augmentation or have questions about breast augmentation and mammograms in the Detroit, Michigan area, please contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center today.
Other Procedures and Treatments in this Category:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
- All Skincare Products
- Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy
- Breast Augmentation Candidacy
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Augmentation Incision Locations
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Times
- Breast Feeding with Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Placement Methods
- Breast Implant Shape
- Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
- Choosing Your Liposuction Surgeon in Detroit
- Contact Us
- Detroit Cosmetic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Differences Between a Face Lift and a Mini-Face Lift
- Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Face Lift Candidacy
- Facelift Recovery
- Getting Your Best Boob Job in Detroit
- Good Candidates for Body Contouring
- How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
- Improving Your Breast Shape
- Increasing Your Breast Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Techniques
- Plastic Surgery vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Questions About Liposuction
- Restore Lost Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
- Saline Breast Implants
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Southfield Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Taking Care of Your Breast Implants
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for contacting us!
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Recovery
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck Candidacy
- Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
- What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op, Recovery
- Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Blog
- Frequently Asked Cosmetic Surgery Questions
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Before and After Galleries
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
- Med Spa
- IPL PhotoFacial
- Med-Lite Laser Rejuvenation
- Cool Touch III Plus
- Waxing – Professional Hair Removal
- Eyelash Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Vein Center
- Body Contouring Procedures
- Thank You!
- About Dr. Rifai – Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon
- Monthly Cosmetic Surgery Specials – Michigan
- Consultation Request
- Shop for Advanced Skin Care Products
- Track your order
- My Account