How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, Ann Arbor, Dundee and Jackson, Michigan
To maintain your natural-looking results from your boob job, you will want choose the right bra to support your implants. Following your surgery, we will supply you with compression garments and recovery bras to be worn during your initial healing period. These bras are made from comfortable material that will not irritate your incisions and will also provide superior support for your breast implants.
This will take care of your needs for the first few months following your surgery—but what should you wear after that to provide the best support and comfort?
Breast implants are measured in cubic centimeters, not in cup size, so the size you think you need may actually not fit you correctly. In addition, there are often variances among bra manufacturers in sizing.
You will need to try on new sizes and new styles to find the ones that provide you with comfortable support. The new size will be accompanied by a fuller volume and new profile, and it’s important to consider how your bra will look under your clothing. Don’t be afraid to try on multiple styles and sizes, and see how they fit under your clothes and look in a mirror.
Bras with underwire are safe to wear after your breasts have healed. The important thing when selecting a bra with underwire is to ensure the wire follows the curve of your implant, and does not make your breasts look misshapen or cause physical discomfort.
For women who work out, a sports bra should be considered a necessity. Your sports bra should be replaced every 6 to 12 months to ensure it continues to provide optimal support.
No matter what type of bra you choose, wearing a bra after breast augmentation is necessary to maintain your results. Even if your breasts seem to be able to support themselves after your surgery, gravity will continue to perform its job and can cause even the firmest breasts to sag. The right bra will enhance your profile and helps maintain your beautiful new figure.
To learn more about getting your boob job, please call 248-723-9370 or contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center today to schedule your consultation. We welcome patients throughout the Detroit area.
Other Procedures and Treatments in this Category:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
- All Skincare Products
- Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy
- Breast Augmentation Candidacy
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Augmentation Incision Locations
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Times
- Breast Feeding with Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Placement Methods
- Breast Implant Shape
- Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
- Choosing Your Liposuction Surgeon in Detroit
- Contact Us
- Detroit Cosmetic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Differences Between a Face Lift and a Mini-Face Lift
- Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Face Lift Candidacy
- Facelift Recovery
- Getting Your Best Boob Job in Detroit
- Good Candidates for Body Contouring
- How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
- Improving Your Breast Shape
- Increasing Your Breast Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Techniques
- Plastic Surgery vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Questions About Liposuction
- Restore Lost Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
- Saline Breast Implants
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Southfield Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Taking Care of Your Breast Implants
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for contacting us!
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Recovery
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck Candidacy
- Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
- What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op, Recovery
- Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Blog
- Frequently Asked Cosmetic Surgery Questions
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Before and After Galleries
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
- Med Spa
- IPL PhotoFacial
- Med-Lite Laser Rejuvenation
- Cool Touch III Plus
- Waxing – Professional Hair Removal
- Eyelash Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Vein Center
- Body Contouring Procedures
- Thank You!
- About Dr. Rifai – Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon
- Monthly Cosmetic Surgery Specials – Michigan
- Consultation Request
- Shop for Advanced Skin Care Products
- Track your order
- My Account