Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, Ann Arbor, Dundee and Jackson, Michigan
Liposuction can be performed using a wide range of techniques. Dr. Rifai focuses on maximizing the many benefits of tumescent and ultrasound-assisted liposuction. These particular techniques have a high safety profile and produce excellent, predictable results.
What is Tumescent Liposuction?
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), tumescent liposuction is the preferred liposuction method among board-certified cosmetic surgeons. The tumescent technique involves the use of three different solutions:
- Lidocaine – A local anesthetic.
- Epinephrine – A capillary constrictor that shrinks your blood vessels to reduce bleeding during the procedure.
- Saline solution – Injected into the treatment area to cause the fat to swell up, making it easier to remove.
These fluids allow Dr. Rifai to gently and precisely remove fat from your body, while at the same time keeping side effects like swelling, bruising, and discomfort to a minimum. Not only does the tumescent technique improve the safety of liposuction, it also produces fewer skin irregularities (e.g. lumps and depressions in the skin), which are sometimes a consequence of non-tumescent liposuction.
What is Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction?
Ultrasound-assisted liposuction – also called “ultrasonic liposuction” – uses a special device to deliver sound waves to targeted fat cells. The ultrasonic energy softens and liquefies your fat cells, making them easier to remove and reducing damage to other nearby tissues, including nerves and blood vessels.
Ultrasonic liposuction is especially helpful when used on fibrous areas of the body, such as:
- Male chest
Another advantage of ultrasound-assisted liposuction is increased skin tightening. The energy produced by the sound waves stimulates the collagen in your skin, helping your skin contract over the treatment area.
If you have further questions about Dr. Rifai’s liposuction techniques, please contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center today or call (248) 723-9370 to schedule your initial consultation. We serve patients throughout Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, and Jackson, Michigan.
Other Procedures and Treatments in this Category:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
- All Skincare Products
- Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy
- Breast Augmentation Candidacy
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Augmentation Incision Locations
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Times
- Breast Feeding with Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Placement Methods
- Breast Implant Shape
- Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
- Choosing Your Liposuction Surgeon in Detroit
- Contact Us
- Detroit Cosmetic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Differences Between a Face Lift and a Mini-Face Lift
- Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Face Lift Candidacy
- Facelift Recovery
- Getting Your Best Boob Job in Detroit
- Good Candidates for Body Contouring
- How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
- Improving Your Breast Shape
- Increasing Your Breast Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Techniques
- Plastic Surgery vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Questions About Liposuction
- Restore Lost Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
- Saline Breast Implants
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Southfield Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Taking Care of Your Breast Implants
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for contacting us!
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Recovery
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck Candidacy
- Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
- What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op, Recovery
- Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Blog
- Frequently Asked Cosmetic Surgery Questions
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Before and After Galleries
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
- Med Spa
- IPL PhotoFacial
- Med-Lite Laser Rejuvenation
- Cool Touch III Plus
- Waxing – Professional Hair Removal
- Eyelash Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Vein Center
- Body Contouring Procedures
- Thank You!
- About Dr. Rifai – Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon
- Monthly Cosmetic Surgery Specials – Michigan
- Consultation Request
- Shop for Advanced Skin Care Products
- Track your order
- My Account