Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, Ann Arbor, Dundee and Jackson, Michigan
A neck lift is a cosmetic procedure used to eliminate loose skin on the neck, commonly known as a “turkey gobbler.” The procedure can also correct a double chin and reduce the overall thickness of the neck for a more sculpted, youthful appearance. Please call (248) 723-9370 to schedule your Detroit neck lift consultation with Dr. Rouchdi Rifai.
How Can a Neck Lift Help Me?
Neck lift is a procedure that addresses excess skin and tissue in the neck. Dr. Rifai makes small incisions in front of and behind the ears, plus an additional incision beneath the chin. Then he removes excess skin, tightens the platysma muscle, and gently stretches the remaining skin to cover the neck. The result is a tighter, firmer appearance.
It’s important to have realistic goals when you are evaluating whether neck lift is right for you. Neck lift is an effective treatment for
- Excess skin in the neck
- Too much neck fat or muscle
- A turkey gobbler appearance
A neck lift can also be combined with neck liposuction to remove unwanted fat and create a thinner appearance. Note that liposuction works best if you’re already close to or at your target weight and if diet and exercise haven’t yielded the results you want.
Botox may also be combined with neck lift to reduce the appearance of “bands” that result from tension in the platysma. Botox is a nonsurgical treatment that requires repeated administration every few weeks in order to achieve the desired look.
Neck Lift Recovery
Neck lift is a major surgery, so plan to take a full week off of work to allow sufficient recovery time. If you’re a smoker, you’ll need to quit a month or more in advance of your surgery in order to facilitate healing. Patients who participate in sports will be asked to wait at least three weeks before resuming normal activity.
You’ll likely experience some bruising and swelling in the days following your procedure as the body heals from surgery. This may be accompanied by some minor numbness or tingling. These are perfectly normal and will subside within a few weeks.
Contact Dr. Rifai Today
To learn more about your Detroit neck lift options, contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center today at (248) 723-9370 to schedule an appointment.
Other Procedures and Treatments in this Category:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
- All Skincare Products
- Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy
- Breast Augmentation Candidacy
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Augmentation Incision Locations
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Times
- Breast Feeding with Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Placement Methods
- Breast Implant Shape
- Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
- Choosing Your Liposuction Surgeon in Detroit
- Contact Us
- Detroit Cosmetic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Differences Between a Face Lift and a Mini-Face Lift
- Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Face Lift Candidacy
- Facelift Recovery
- Getting Your Best Boob Job in Detroit
- Good Candidates for Body Contouring
- How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
- Improving Your Breast Shape
- Increasing Your Breast Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Techniques
- Plastic Surgery vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Questions About Liposuction
- Restore Lost Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
- Saline Breast Implants
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Southfield Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Taking Care of Your Breast Implants
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for contacting us!
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Recovery
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck Candidacy
- Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
- What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op, Recovery
- Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Blog
- Frequently Asked Cosmetic Surgery Questions
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Before and After Galleries
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
- Med Spa
- IPL PhotoFacial
- Med-Lite Laser Rejuvenation
- Cool Touch III Plus
- Waxing – Professional Hair Removal
- Eyelash Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Vein Center
- Body Contouring Procedures
- Thank You!
- About Dr. Rifai – Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon
- Monthly Cosmetic Surgery Specials – Michigan
- Consultation Request
- Shop for Advanced Skin Care Products
- Track your order
- My Account