Questions About Abdominoplasty
Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, Ann Arbor, Dundee and Jackson, Michigan
As a new patient, you are bound to have many questions about the tummy tuck procedure. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions, but please call our office or visit us for a consultation to ensure any questions are answered. Your comfort in understanding the procedure is our number one goal.
How visible is the tummy tuck scar?
Every surgery leaves a scar, but with a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), your scar generally will be below your bikini line so that it is well hidden by swimsuits and underwear. Detroit cosmetic surgeon Dr. Rouchdi Rifai uses his years of experience and attention to detail to ensure that your scar is no bigger than it needs to be for your procedure.
How long does abdominoplasty surgery take?
Usually an abdominoplasty lasts for about three to four hours. Depending on your specific needs, the surgery could be shorter or longer. Dr. Rifai will let you know exactly what to expect for your tummy tuck during your consultation.
Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?
If you are in good general health and looking to reduce sagging skin around your abdominal area, then you are likely a good candidate for this procedure. The best way to confirm that a tummy tuck is the procedure for you is to call us at 248-723-9370 and schedule your consultation.
What are the restrictions after surgery?
If you have drains, you will not be able to drive until the drains are removed. You should refrain from heavy lifting or any strenuous activity, including sports and aerobic exercise, for about six weeks following your surgery. When you meet with Dr. Rifai you will receive complete post-operative care instructions.
Will I lose weight as a result of abdominoplasty?
A tummy tuck is not a weight loss procedure. You should be at your ideal weight before undergoing abdominoplasty. That being said, you may lose two to three pounds after your swelling subsides.
Can I combine a tummy tuck with another procedure like breast augmentation?
Yes. We offer mommy makeovers that can combine procedures to help you regain your pre-pregnancy body so that you look and feel fabulous as a mother.
Will a tummy tuck remove stretch marks from pregnancy?
In most cases, yes. The stretch marks below your belly button can generally be removed and any above your belly button will be moved lower on your abdomen.
To get all of your questions answered about your abdominoplasty, please call 248-723-9370 or contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center today to schedule your complimentary consultation with board-certified Detroit cosmetic surgeon Dr. Rifai. We serve patients in and around Southfield, Detroit, Port Huron, and Jackson.
Other Procedures and Treatments in this Category:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
- All Skincare Products
- Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy
- Breast Augmentation Candidacy
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Augmentation Incision Locations
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Times
- Breast Feeding with Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Placement Methods
- Breast Implant Shape
- Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
- Choosing Your Liposuction Surgeon in Detroit
- Contact Us
- Detroit Cosmetic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Differences Between a Face Lift and a Mini-Face Lift
- Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Face Lift Candidacy
- Facelift Recovery
- Getting Your Best Boob Job in Detroit
- Good Candidates for Body Contouring
- How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
- Improving Your Breast Shape
- Increasing Your Breast Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Techniques
- Plastic Surgery vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Questions About Liposuction
- Restore Lost Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
- Saline Breast Implants
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Southfield Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Taking Care of Your Breast Implants
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for contacting us!
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Recovery
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck Candidacy
- Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
- What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op, Recovery
- Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Blog
- Frequently Asked Cosmetic Surgery Questions
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Before and After Galleries
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
- Med Spa
- IPL PhotoFacial
- Med-Lite Laser Rejuvenation
- Cool Touch III Plus
- Waxing – Professional Hair Removal
- Eyelash Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Vein Center
- Body Contouring Procedures
- Thank You!
- About Dr. Rifai – Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon
- Monthly Cosmetic Surgery Specials – Michigan
- Consultation Request
- Shop for Advanced Skin Care Products
- Track your order
- My Account