Tummy Tuck Candidacy
Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, Ann Arbor, Dundee and Jackson, Michigan
Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron and Jackson, Michigan
A tummy tuck can help you achieve a firmer, more contoured abdomen by removing excess skin and tightening the loose underlying muscles in your stomach area. For many patients, obtaining a tummy tuck is the final step to achieving their desired look after pregnancy or major weight loss.
To find out if you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck, please call us today at (248) 723-9370 to schedule a personal consultation.
The Ideal Tummy Tuck Candidate
If you are frustrated with the appearance of loose, fatty skin in your abdominal area, you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. However, there are some other basic qualifications you must also meet.
For example, you should be:
- At or close to your target weight
- In strong overall health
- A non-smoker
- Informed about the procedure with realistic expectations
If you currently smoke, you will need to quit several weeks before your surgery, and abstain from smoking for several weeks after the procedure as well. Smoking can seriously interfere with healing and put you at a higher risk of surgical complications.
During your consultation, Dr. Rifai will examine your abdominal skin to determine whether or not a tummy tuck would be the best procedure for your needs. For some patients, liposuction may be a better option. Other patients may get the best results by combining a tummy tuck with liposuction. We will discuss each of your options with you in detail during your consultation.
Who Is Not a Good Tummy Tuck Candidate?
If you are still overweight, or have a significant amount of abdominal fat surrounding your internal organs, you may need to lose further weight before you are a good tummy tuck candidate. Tummy tucks provide the best results when patient are already at or near their target weight.
Additionally, if you plan on getting pregnant in the future, you should postpone your tummy tuck until you are finished having children. Your abdominal muscles can separate and loosen again during pregnancy, which would undo the results of a tummy tuck. For more information, please visit: Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy.
If you have further questions about tummy tuck candidacy, please contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center today or call (248) 723-9370 to schedule your initial consultation. We serve patients throughout Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, and Jackson, Michigan.
Other Procedures and Treatments in this Category:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
- All Skincare Products
- Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy
- Breast Augmentation Candidacy
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Augmentation Incision Locations
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Times
- Breast Feeding with Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Placement Methods
- Breast Implant Shape
- Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
- Choosing Your Liposuction Surgeon in Detroit
- Contact Us
- Detroit Cosmetic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Differences Between a Face Lift and a Mini-Face Lift
- Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Face Lift Candidacy
- Facelift Recovery
- Getting Your Best Boob Job in Detroit
- Good Candidates for Body Contouring
- How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
- Improving Your Breast Shape
- Increasing Your Breast Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Techniques
- Plastic Surgery vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Questions About Liposuction
- Restore Lost Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
- Saline Breast Implants
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Southfield Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Taking Care of Your Breast Implants
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for contacting us!
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Recovery
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck Candidacy
- Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
- What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op, Recovery
- Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Blog
- Frequently Asked Cosmetic Surgery Questions
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Before and After Galleries
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
- Med Spa
- IPL PhotoFacial
- Med-Lite Laser Rejuvenation
- Cool Touch III Plus
- Waxing – Professional Hair Removal
- Eyelash Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Vein Center
- Body Contouring Procedures
- Thank You!
- About Dr. Rifai – Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon
- Monthly Cosmetic Surgery Specials – Michigan
- Consultation Request
- Shop for Advanced Skin Care Products
- Track your order
- My Account