Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, Ann Arbor, Dundee and Jackson, Michigan
If you are considering a rhinoplasty, it helps to know what to expect from the process. During a personal consultation, Dr. Rifai and our experienced staff here at Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center will answer all of your questions and discuss each aspect of the surgical process in detail. Call us today at (248) 723-9370 to schedule your rhinoplasty consultation.
Your Rhinoplasty Consultation
When you come into our office for your initial consultation, Dr. Rifai will ask you to describe the specific things about your nose that you would like improved. Your rhinoplasty procedure will be tailored to address these unique needs. After examining your nose, Dr. Rifai will discuss which improvements can be made with your particular nose structure, and what you can realistically expect from a rhinoplasty.
Your entire facial profile will be considered when planning rhinoplasty. For example, if you have a weak chin, this can make your nose look bigger than it really is. Some patients choose to combine a chin implant with their rhinoplasty to achieve the most dramatic results.
Preparing for Your Rhinoplasty
Before the date of your rhinoplasty procedure, Dr. Rifai will give you a complete list of pre-operative instructions to follow. If you smoke, you will need to quit at least 3 weeks before your surgery date, and you cannot start again until at least three weeks have passed after your surgery date. Smoking can seriously impede the healing process, interfering with blood flow and cutting off oxygen circulation. Quitting smoking entirely is a good idea when preparing for your rhinoplasty.
You should also avoid aspirin and ibuprofen, since these medications can cause clotting and bleeding problems both during and after your rhinoplasty. Tylenol or another brand of acetaminophen can be used as a substitute pain reliever.
After your rhinoplasty is complete, Dr. Rifai will place nasal drains in your nose to help with post-operative drainage. These drains can be removed the day after your nose surgery. A plastic splint will be applied to the bridge of your nose to add support; this split will be removed about one week after your surgery. We recommend taking at least one week off of work or school while you are wearing the nasal splint.
Most patients can return to normal activities about one week after their rhinoplasty. Even though bruising and swelling can last for up to six months after the procedure, patients often report no pain or discomfort at all during the recovery process.
If you have further questions about what to expect from rhinoplasty, please contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center today or call (248) 723-9370 to schedule your initial consultation. We serve patients throughout Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, and Jackson, Michigan.
Other Procedures and Treatments in this Category:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
- All Skincare Products
- Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy
- Breast Augmentation Candidacy
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Augmentation Incision Locations
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Times
- Breast Feeding with Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Placement Methods
- Breast Implant Shape
- Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
- Choosing Your Liposuction Surgeon in Detroit
- Contact Us
- Detroit Cosmetic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Differences Between a Face Lift and a Mini-Face Lift
- Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Face Lift Candidacy
- Facelift Recovery
- Getting Your Best Boob Job in Detroit
- Good Candidates for Body Contouring
- How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
- Improving Your Breast Shape
- Increasing Your Breast Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Techniques
- Plastic Surgery vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Questions About Liposuction
- Restore Lost Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
- Saline Breast Implants
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Southfield Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Taking Care of Your Breast Implants
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for contacting us!
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Recovery
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck Candidacy
- Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
- What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op, Recovery
- Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Blog
- Frequently Asked Cosmetic Surgery Questions
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Before and After Galleries
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
- Med Spa
- IPL PhotoFacial
- Med-Lite Laser Rejuvenation
- Cool Touch III Plus
- Waxing – Professional Hair Removal
- Eyelash Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Vein Center
- Body Contouring Procedures
- Thank You!
- About Dr. Rifai – Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon
- Monthly Cosmetic Surgery Specials – Michigan
- Consultation Request
- Shop for Advanced Skin Care Products
- Track your order
- My Account