Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, Ann Arbor, Dundee and Jackson, Michigan
When you aren’t satisfied with the appearance of your abdomen, you will naturally start to consider whether liposuction or a tummy tuck could help you look the way you really want to. At Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center, we help our Detroit area patients choose the body contouring procedure that will help them achieve their body goals.
Benefits of Liposuction
Liposuction is a procedure that targets specific areas of your body that are retaining stubborn pockets of fat despite your best efforts at dieting and exercise. The liposuction procedure liquefies your unwanted fat and gently removes it through suction.
It is a minimally invasive procedure that does not require an extensive recovery period. You will only need a few days to a week of initial recovery time for a liposuction procedure, and you can return to more strenuous activity in about two weeks.
Liposuction can only reduce excess fat. It will not reduce the appearance of sagging skin or stretch marks on your abdomen. If you are concerned about those skin imperfections, you will want to consider a tummy tuck.
Benefits of Tummy Tuck
A tummy tuck will give you more dramatic results than liposuction. It can address sagging skin and excess tissue on the abdomen that liposuction alone cannot.
However tummy tuck is a more invasive surgical procedure and will require more time for recovery. Your initial recovery period for a tummy tuck with last two to three weeks, and you will not be able to resume any strenuous activities for about six weeks after your surgery.
Liposuction is often used during a tummy tuck to remove excess fat in the area and provide you with the best overall results. A combination of both may be exactly what you need to achieve the slimmer, toner look you want.
To learn more about your tummy tuck and liposuction options, please call 248-723-9370 or contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center today to schedule your consultation with an experienced Detroit tummy tuck surgeon.
Other Procedures and Treatments in this Category:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
- All Skincare Products
- Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy
- Breast Augmentation Candidacy
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Augmentation Incision Locations
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Times
- Breast Feeding with Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Placement Methods
- Breast Implant Shape
- Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
- Choosing Your Liposuction Surgeon in Detroit
- Contact Us
- Detroit Cosmetic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Differences Between a Face Lift and a Mini-Face Lift
- Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Face Lift Candidacy
- Facelift Recovery
- Getting Your Best Boob Job in Detroit
- Good Candidates for Body Contouring
- How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
- Improving Your Breast Shape
- Increasing Your Breast Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Techniques
- Plastic Surgery vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Questions About Liposuction
- Restore Lost Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
- Saline Breast Implants
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Southfield Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Taking Care of Your Breast Implants
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for contacting us!
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Recovery
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck Candidacy
- Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
- What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op, Recovery
- Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Blog
- Frequently Asked Cosmetic Surgery Questions
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Before and After Galleries
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
- Med Spa
- IPL PhotoFacial
- Med-Lite Laser Rejuvenation
- Cool Touch III Plus
- Waxing – Professional Hair Removal
- Eyelash Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Vein Center
- Body Contouring Procedures
- Thank You!
- About Dr. Rifai – Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon
- Monthly Cosmetic Surgery Specials – Michigan
- Consultation Request
- Shop for Advanced Skin Care Products
- Track your order
- My Account