Breast Augmentation for Older Women
Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, Ann Arbor, Dundee and Jackson, Michigan
Although age and genetics play significant roles in the appearance of your breasts, achieving attractive breast augmentation results often depends less on age and more on your cosmetic surgeon’s ability to perform a procedure that accentuates and enhances your frame. This means that even in your 40s, 50s and sometimes older, you may be a viable breast augmentation candidate.
To find out how breast augmentation can benefit you, call our Detroit cosmetic surgery office at (248) 723-9370 today
Determining Breast Augmentation Candidacy At Any Age
Although many women choose breast augmentation in their 20s and 30s, women over the age of 40 account for more than 25 percent of all breast augmentations annually, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Frankly, as long as you meet the right criteria, you can safely undergo surgery at age.
Factors to consider when determining your breast augmentation candidacy include:
- Your general health – You will need to be physically healthy enough to safely undergo surgery.
- Your childbearing history – For older women, pregnancy and nursing are usually in the past. While this is ideal for undergoing breast augmentation, you may actually benefit from a full mommy makeover if your body is showing the lasting effects of motherhood not only in your breasts but in your abdomen as well.
- Your aesthetic goals – If reducing the appearance of sagging breasts due to natural aging is your primary goal, a breast lift might actually be a more beneficial option.
- Your skin health – The quality and longevity of your breast augmentation results is dependent upon the health of your skin.
- Mammogram efficacy – While breast implants will not harm you or impact cancer mortality, they can make cancer harder to detect by reducing the visibility of your breasts during mammogram screenings.
Whether you consider yourself old or young, breast augmentation can offer a range of benefits to the right candidates at any age.
Contact Our Cosmetic Surgery Center Today
If you are ready to learn how breast augmentation can enhance your figure, please contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center at (248) 723-9370 today to schedule your consultation. We welcome patients throughout the Detroit area.
Other Procedures and Treatments in this Category:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
- All Skincare Products
- Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy
- Breast Augmentation Candidacy
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Augmentation Incision Locations
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Times
- Breast Feeding with Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Placement Methods
- Breast Implant Shape
- Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
- Choosing Your Liposuction Surgeon in Detroit
- Contact Us
- Detroit Cosmetic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Differences Between a Face Lift and a Mini-Face Lift
- Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Face Lift Candidacy
- Facelift Recovery
- Getting Your Best Boob Job in Detroit
- Good Candidates for Body Contouring
- How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
- Improving Your Breast Shape
- Increasing Your Breast Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Techniques
- Plastic Surgery vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Questions About Liposuction
- Restore Lost Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
- Saline Breast Implants
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Southfield Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Taking Care of Your Breast Implants
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for contacting us!
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Recovery
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck Candidacy
- Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
- What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op, Recovery
- Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Blog
- Frequently Asked Cosmetic Surgery Questions
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Before and After Galleries
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
- Med Spa
- IPL PhotoFacial
- Med-Lite Laser Rejuvenation
- Cool Touch III Plus
- Waxing – Professional Hair Removal
- Eyelash Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Vein Center
- Body Contouring Procedures
- Thank You!
- About Dr. Rifai – Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon
- Monthly Cosmetic Surgery Specials – Michigan
- Consultation Request
- Shop for Advanced Skin Care Products
- Track your order
- My Account