Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, Ann Arbor, Dundee and Jackson, Michigan
Liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the United States every year – with good reason. Many people work hard to lose weight and improve their figure through diet and exercise, but sometimes, even the most diligent exercise routine cannot eliminate stubborn pockets of fat in certain areas of the body.
Liposuction is an ideal procedure for patients who are already at or near their goal weight, but need help removing these small fat deposits to achieve the best figure possible.
If you think you might be a liposuction candidate, call (248) 723-9370 to schedule a consultation with our Detroit cosmetic surgeon .
Are You a Candidate for Liposuction?
The best liposuction candidates have localized fat deposits in one or more of the following places:
You should also have firm, elastic skin in order to get the best results from liposuction. When the fat is removed, your skin needs to be able to contract to accommodate the new shape of your body. If your skin has lost too much elasticity with age, it can compromise the results of liposuction.
Additionally, you should be at a stable weight in order to ensure your results are permanent. If you plan on losing more weight in the future – or gaining weight (e.g. during a pregnancy) – now many not be the right time for you to undergo liposuction.
Not a Weight Loss Procedure
Many people mistakenly assume that liposuction can be used as an alternative to traditional weight loss. This is not the case. Liposuction is a body contouring procedure designed to sculpt and reshape your body; the amount of actual weight that you will lose during the procedure will be minimal.
However, liposuction can be an incredibly valuable procedure for patients who have worked hard to improve their figure, and just need assistance putting the “final touches” on their new appearance after achieving their goal weight.
If you have further questions about liposuction candidacy, please contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center today or call (248) 723-9370 to schedule your initial consultation. We serve patients throughout Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, and Jackson, Michigan.
Other Procedures and Treatments in this Category:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
- All Skincare Products
- Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy
- Breast Augmentation Candidacy
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Augmentation Incision Locations
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Times
- Breast Feeding with Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Placement Methods
- Breast Implant Shape
- Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
- Choosing Your Liposuction Surgeon in Detroit
- Contact Us
- Detroit Cosmetic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Differences Between a Face Lift and a Mini-Face Lift
- Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Face Lift Candidacy
- Facelift Recovery
- Getting Your Best Boob Job in Detroit
- Good Candidates for Body Contouring
- How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
- Improving Your Breast Shape
- Increasing Your Breast Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Techniques
- Plastic Surgery vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Questions About Liposuction
- Restore Lost Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
- Saline Breast Implants
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Southfield Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Taking Care of Your Breast Implants
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for contacting us!
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Recovery
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck Candidacy
- Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
- What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op, Recovery
- Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Blog
- Frequently Asked Cosmetic Surgery Questions
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Before and After Galleries
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
- Med Spa
- IPL PhotoFacial
- Med-Lite Laser Rejuvenation
- Cool Touch III Plus
- Waxing – Professional Hair Removal
- Eyelash Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Vein Center
- Body Contouring Procedures
- Thank You!
- About Dr. Rifai – Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon
- Monthly Cosmetic Surgery Specials – Michigan
- Consultation Request
- Shop for Advanced Skin Care Products
- Track your order
- My Account