Questions About Liposuction
Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, Ann Arbor, Dundee and Jackson, Michigan
Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron and Jackson, Michigan
What is the difference between liposuction of the abdomen and a tummy tuck?
Liposuction will remove excess fat from your abdomen, but if you have sagging skin or stretch marks in the area, you will need a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) to get the firmer, toner look that you want for your abs. Detroit cosmetic surgeon Dr. Rouchdi Rifai can counsel you on which procedure is best to achieve the results you are looking for.
Will I lose weight after liposuction?
Liposuction is not a weight loss tool. You should be at or near your ideal weight before you have the procedure. Liposuction merely helps to sculpt areas that are clinging onto small amounts of unwanted fat when those areas have not responded well to diet and exercise.
How many inches can I expect to lose after liposuction?
You should expect some reduction in size, but how much you lose will depend on the area treated and your body. Each patient is different. To get a better idea of what your outcome will be, please call 248-723-9370 to schedule your consultation.
What body areas can be treated with liposuction?
Liposuction is a versatile body contouring procedure. The most frequently treated areas are the abdomen, hips and thighs for women. Men often get liposuction for their abdomen or flanks (love handles). Many areas of the body can be treated with liposuction. Ask Dr. Rifai if it is the right solution for you.
What is liposuction recovery like?
Most patients can return to work within a week. You will experience some bruising and swelling in the treatment area, but this will gradually subside. You should be able to return to most normal activities, like exercise, within four to six weeks.
Am I a good candidate for liposuction?
If you are in good general health, close to your ideal weight, and want to get rid of a few stubborn pockets of fat once and for all, then liposuction is probably right for you.
To get all of your questions answered about your liposuction procedure, please call 248-723-9370 or contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center today to schedule your complimentary consultation with board-certified Detroit cosmetic surgeon Dr. Rifai. We serve patients in and around Southfield, Detroit, Port Huron, and Jackson.
Other Procedures and Treatments in this Category:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
- All Skincare Products
- Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy
- Breast Augmentation Candidacy
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Augmentation Incision Locations
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Times
- Breast Feeding with Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Placement Methods
- Breast Implant Shape
- Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
- Choosing Your Liposuction Surgeon in Detroit
- Contact Us
- Detroit Cosmetic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Differences Between a Face Lift and a Mini-Face Lift
- Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Face Lift Candidacy
- Facelift Recovery
- Getting Your Best Boob Job in Detroit
- Good Candidates for Body Contouring
- How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
- Improving Your Breast Shape
- Increasing Your Breast Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Techniques
- Plastic Surgery vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Questions About Liposuction
- Restore Lost Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
- Saline Breast Implants
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Southfield Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Taking Care of Your Breast Implants
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for contacting us!
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Recovery
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck Candidacy
- Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
- What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op, Recovery
- Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Blog
- Frequently Asked Cosmetic Surgery Questions
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Before and After Galleries
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
- Med Spa
- IPL PhotoFacial
- Med-Lite Laser Rejuvenation
- Cool Touch III Plus
- Waxing – Professional Hair Removal
- Eyelash Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Vein Center
- Body Contouring Procedures
- Thank You!
- About Dr. Rifai – Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon
- Monthly Cosmetic Surgery Specials – Michigan
- Consultation Request
- Shop for Advanced Skin Care Products
- Track your order
- My Account