Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
Serving Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, Ann Arbor, Dundee and Jackson, Michigan
There are many decisions you will make in consultation with Dr. Rifai about your breast augmentation procedure. One of the most important options you’ll need to consider is the size of your breast implants. To get an idea of what size may be best for you, you can start with some of these visualization techniques before you visit one of our Michigan locations.
Cup Size Can Be Deceptive
The first thing to keep in mind is that bra cup size isn’t as standard as you might think. Bras vary wildly from brand to brand. A 34A bra you buy at Store A might actually be a B cup at Store B.
Because of this and other factors, it’s not particularly useful to think of your ideal breast implant size in terms of bra cup measurements. You can keep that number in mind and use it as a simple reference point in conversations about your breast implant options, but during your consultation with Dr. Rifai you will discuss the standard measurements for breast implants – cubic centimeters (cc’s).
The easiest method of visualizing your ideal breast size is to consult photographs. Try to find pictures of women whose look you appreciate. Look for the details in these photos beyond just size. How do you like the shape? Does the woman have an attractive profile?
When you’re discussing breast implant sizes with Dr. Rifai, we’ll provide you with before and after breast augmentation photos. With these pictures, you’ll get a sense of what these implants look like on women with different frames.
Before your visit, you can get an idea of what different sized breast implants will feel and look like on your body by using the “rice test.” By pouring rice (or oatmeal or other similar food) into a plastic bag, you can approximate a breast implant.
One ounce of rice is roughly equal to a 30cc breast implant. Experimenting with different amounts of rice will give you an idea of what size implant would look good on your frame.
If you are ready for your breast implant consultation, please contact Birmingham Cosmetic Surgery & Vein Center today or call (248) 723-9370 to schedule your initial consultation. We serve patients throughout Detroit, Southfield, Port Huron, and Jackson, Michigan.
Other Procedures and Treatments in this Category:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) vs Liposuction
- All Skincare Products
- Breast Augmentation and Pregnancy
- Breast Augmentation Candidacy
- Breast Augmentation for Older Women
- Breast Augmentation Incision Locations
- Breast Augmentation Options
- Breast Augmentation Recovery Times
- Breast Feeding with Breast Implants
- Breast Implant Placement Methods
- Breast Implant Shape
- Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
- Choosing Your Liposuction Surgeon in Detroit
- Contact Us
- Detroit Cosmetic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Differences Between a Face Lift and a Mini-Face Lift
- Do I Need a Mammogram Prior to Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Face Lift Candidacy
- Facelift Recovery
- Getting Your Best Boob Job in Detroit
- Good Candidates for Body Contouring
- How the Right Bra Can Keep Your Boob Job Looking Great
- Improving Your Breast Shape
- Increasing Your Breast Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Recovery
- Liposuction Risks and Complications
- Liposuction Techniques
- Plastic Surgery vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Abdominoplasty
- Questions About Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Questions About Liposuction
- Restore Lost Volume with Breast Augmentation
- Rhinoplasty: What to Expect
- Saline Breast Implants
- Shipping & Return Policy
- Silicone Breast Implants
- Southfield Otoplasty (Ear Surgery)
- Taking Care of Your Breast Implants
- Terms and Conditions
- Thank you for contacting us!
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Recovery
- Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
- Tummy Tuck Candidacy
- Visualization Techniques for Planning Breast Implant Size
- What to Expect: Breast Augmentation Consultation, Pre-Op, and Recovery
- What to Expect: Tummy Tuck Consultation, Pre-op, Recovery
- Michigan Cosmetic Surgery Blog
- Frequently Asked Cosmetic Surgery Questions
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon Reviews
- Detroit Cosmetic Surgery Before and After Galleries
- Breast Surgery Procedures
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Neck Lift
- Non-Surgical Facial Enhancements
- Med Spa
- IPL PhotoFacial
- Med-Lite Laser Rejuvenation
- Cool Touch III Plus
- Waxing – Professional Hair Removal
- Eyelash Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Vein Center
- Body Contouring Procedures
- Thank You!
- About Dr. Rifai – Detroit Cosmetic Surgeon
- Monthly Cosmetic Surgery Specials – Michigan
- Consultation Request
- Shop for Advanced Skin Care Products
- Track your order
- My Account